Hillsdale College is a place where time-tested truths are taught to some of the nation’s finest students. The College accepts no form of federal or state taxpayer monies and has been in existence since 1844. Such a strong stance on education requires an enthusiastic and generous network of supporters and volunteers, and so the Hillsdale College Associates program was created in 1982.
There are currently over 540 Hillsdale College Associates located in 42 states and two foreign countries. Associates focus on one or more of the following areas and volunteer only as much as their schedule allows:
- Associates promote a general awareness of Hillsdale College by adding names to the Imprimis circulation list; assist at Hillsdale receptions; and recommend potential event locations within their community. They also share contact information for those who would benefit from attending a Hillsdale College event.
- Associates promote and/or organize study groups for one or more of the College’s online courses available at online.ndzt.net.
- Our volunteers share information about the College’s Kirby Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship in Washington D.C.; the Van Andel Graduate School of Government (also on the College’s D.C. campus); and the Van Andel Graduate School of Statesmanship located on the main campus in Hillsdale.
- Volunteers also serve as a trusted referral source for professional services (lawyers, appraisers, and real estate agents as examples) in their communities.
- For those interested in learning more about classical K-12 education and curriculum alternatives, Associates offer information about Hillsdale’s classical charter school initiative.
- Associates encourage qualified potential students to apply to Hillsdale College.
- They also serve as career networking connections for current students via Hillsdale’s Career Services Office.
Some of the qualifications to become a Hillsdale College Associate include life experience, geographical location, knowledge about the Hillsdale College mission, donations to the school, prior experience in attending Hillsdale events, and familiarity with our publications. Potential Associates are referred by Hillsdale College staff members, by other Associates, or interested individuals may contact the Hillsdale College Associate office directly for consideration at [email protected].